Thursday, August 30, 2007

Summer cannot end.



We have been trying to squeeze in some last days of summer fun before.. well, before anything happens to disrupt our plans (arrival of a baby, September blizzard, etc.). This week we frolicked with our friends, Missy & kids, at their house; then romped at the beach on another day.


We are so happy to be joined by Missy's newest little tadpole, who was born just 2 weeks ago, shown here being smothered with probably-unappreciated attention by big brother and sister and Ava:

And Missy--super trooper that she is--has been out and about like nothing ever happened, except that she's toting a little 9-pounder with a hearty appetite and a predisposition toward sleepiness. She is an inspiration to me. If she can pack up 3 kids and head to the beach just days after giving birth, then I can certainly pack 2 kids and an apartment and head to Texas after giving birth, right?

Speaking of giving birth, or not having given birth, I have included the requested-pregnancy shot of me, though I guess it's sort of cheating, since half of my belly is under water... If I can manage to pose for a photo of the real Pregnant Me of which I approve, then I will post it. In the meantime, use your imagination. I am 8.25 months pregnant, after all.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I was just about the write and give you a hard time for the lack of pregnancy shots. After all once you are a blogger-we have higher expectations of you-and expect to be kept up to date :-) What's this about Texas? I have been wondering what you next plans are-if you have any details I would love to hear it in a future post

Jeni said...

Great pictures! I love your little toy picture to the right! Did you guys find those or make them?