Friday, January 25, 2008

50/50 Split?

So lately I've been noticing some qualities in Ava's character that remind me distinctly of myself or her dad (that would be Derek). Can you match each picture with the parent? Answers at the end of the post.

1. Pride in her kitchen work:

2. A belief that the cake's not made until the mixing bowl's licked clean:

3. Cake is for breakfast, lunch, or dinner:

4. Looks good on the dance floor!

5. The love of a good cuddling:

6. EVERYTHING goes in a line:

7. Nursing Queen:

8. General morning crabbiness:

9. Sleeping here...

10. And sleeping here...

11. And sleeping here...

12. Artistry and Messiness:

1. Mom
2. Mom
3. Both, but especially Mom
4. Dad
5. Mom
6. Neither of us will admit to these tendencies, though we both have them in certain areas of life.
7. Mom, obviously.
8. Dad
9. Dad
10. Dad
11. And more Dad
12. Artistry-Dad; Messiness-Mom

How'd you do?

9 comments:

Missletoe said...

I missed on the "dance moves question". How did I never see D-Bob groove?

BTW, your sister saw my sister today...but your sister probably already informed you of that!

Missletoe said...

Looks like we have a poster child for our cooking blog! ...now we just need a name...

Missletoe said...

How is it possible that AK is STILL wearing those sandals? #1 it is JANUARY #2 don't her feet grow??!!

...okay, I'm going to stop commenting now, three is looking a little pathetic.

Cherisa said...

Wow! I am surprised that I did pretty well on that little quiz! Though I did get #7 wrong... Maybe my mind is going... =)

Bess said...

I am starting to see more you (Sandy) in Ava. So cute. It looks like she definitely got Derek's sleeping skills. I am so jealous.

Andy said...

I'm really loving the sleeping pictures.

Gretchen said...

I failed miserably but I'm okay with it. Why do you make Ava wear dresses when she cooks? What kind of message are you sending? I mean I get that you're mormon but seriously this is the 21st century. Has your wee one lost any weight yet? No? Yeah mine either.

SandyKay said...

Okay, so Missletoes: AK is still wearing the sandals (barely squeezing in), but that picture is from November, and it's been in the 30's and 40's this week, BUT, tomorrow will be 70, and she will be wearing the sandals.

Gretchen: It's actually a beautiful apron that my friend Bess made. Pretty enough to wear out on the town, though. Or to scrub potatoes. And I have a matching one! I want to see your baby. What's your blog?

Jeni said...

Those are great pictures. Sara also puts everything in a line. I'm waiting for the nursing shot. She already says she has a baby in her tummy like me. She has also decided that I am having baby Jesus.