


I love our little family of four. Yesterday for the 4th, we decided to go small-town festival hopping where we unintentionally joined a celebratory parade. We got out of our car in Georgetown, and began walking behind a crowd of red-white-and-blue clad, flag-waving patriots. Next thing we knew, someone had thrust a flag into Ava's hand and people were waving and hollering at us from the roadside. Good thing I put PJ in her star-spangled shorts!
In the evening, we headed to another town for fireworks (make that pfireworks in the town of Pflugerville). We intended to load a school bus at the Pflugerville high school, but the line to get on a bus was a million miles long, and we're pretty certain that the poor suckers at the end of the line never got to the fireworks that night. So instead, we drove to a neighborhood, parked, and walked to a nice, quiet spot near the lake and had a perfect view of the show. It was really just perfect, and a good time was had by all.


Here's Penelope, trying to grab the fireworks. Both girls were mesmerized.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
The Fourth
Posted by
SandyKay
at
3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So bizarre... Not only do I know where Pflugerville is, I've actually been there! My "BFF" (don't you hate that expression?) works in the lovely Pflugerville so you were right in her neighborhood!
Good shots of the girls! So how hot has it been getting? I'm sure our little high 80s isn't even close!
what a fun day- you guys all look very happy in every picture. i love the parade story, i laughed out loud... i'm still giggling to myself over it...hee hee
I am amazed that Penelope wasn't afraid of the noise of the fireworks. And so cute that she was trying to grab them.
Post a Comment