Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Stoic

Poor little PJ has bronchiolitis and mild pneumonia (in essence, a nasty, nasty cold). The doctor bequeathed us with a nebulizer of our very own to help PJ with her coughing and noisy breathing. You might think a 15-month old would resist having a misty-smoky mask held to her face, but PJ takes it like a true stoic. In fact, I think she likes it. Here she is, complacently inhaling Albuterol like a champ. It was such a sweet, yet pitiful sight. Lest you think we're just amusing ourselves at her expense, she is feeling much, much better.

9 comments:

Jan said...

Aww, poor thing! I hope she feels better! And what a trooper, really!

Missletoe said...

Have you tried it? It is good stuff! I'm glad she is feeling better and I am VERY impressedwith her enduring patience.

Cherisa said...

I am very surprised PJ will let you hold the mask up to her face. Most kids this age fight it like crazy (even with the special fishy faced masks made for little kids). We've had to do this with Aiden a few times and I was an asthmatic as a kid so we're well versed in the nebulizing around here.

Poor thing! I hope she recovers soon!

Brian said...

That is the saddest thing i have ever seen.

Cheri said...

Oh, Penelope! Hope she's in tip top shape for your Christmas travels!!

Jeni said...

This breaks my heart. I hope she gets well soon. What a little trooper!

Adah said...

I love the chair! If I remember correctly a mutual friend gave it to you when we were packing up her house!!! By the way did you ever meet up??

Martindale News said...

Oh poor little girl, glad she if feeling better.
To answer your question, Jaren & Julia will Not be coming home and we aren't there either. We are in CA and will be with all 3 of our sons. Sorry we will miss seeing you and your cute little family. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

The Boone Family said...

It's so sad when kids get sick! She's a trooper. Sandy Kay, it's Julia! I found you your blog off of Casey's. Hope you're doing well! It'll be fun to reconnect!