I guess I'll be doing this every April until I die, but I can't believe my little Ava-baby is four. How does she keep getting older every year?! This girl changed my life, and she has brought me so much happiness that there aren't really words to explain it. As I tell Ava, there are no arms in the whole world big enough to show how much I love her. I love the way she stumbles out of bed and finds me for a cuddle every single morning without fail; I love the way she notices and enjoys sunsets and trees and "bootiful" flowers that are often weeds; I love the way she teaches PJ about animals and words and sharing; I love the way she wants to learn all about animals and researches them in her animal books; I love the way she dashes into Derek's arms when she sees him at the end of the workday; and no matter how she may drive me crazy some days, I love her just the way she is.
Gotta start the birthday off right:
Check out my awesome flower garden cake.

I made this no-sew tutu for Ava. It is a seriously-repurposed piece of fabric. It was once an IKEA clearance curtain panel (a few bucks, I think), then cut down & hemmed into a set of shorter curtains, and finally re-fashioned into a tutu (the blue parts). I wonder what's in store for it next.. I also added some pink tulle and sheer, pink dotted ribbon.
As tradition dictates, we had a birthday dinner for Ava at a local pancake establishment (a few days after the big day). Who'd have guessed that IHOP sings and gives free giant birthday sundaes? Mmmm...a hot fudge sundae. Just what ya feel like after a plate of pancakes drenched in syrup and/or fruit compote.


And something about this saucy little picture just cracks me up:
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Four
Posted by
SandyKay
at
10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a fab-u-lous cake! And a clever use of curtains for the tutu. We think Ava is pretty sweet, too.
Cute, cute, cute! Mothers of girls come up with some of the most creative outfits and crafts. Maybe that's why I'm having another boy... HF knows I just don't have the patience for hair bows and tu-tus! : )
If my tush were so cute, I'd be showing it off too! Hot stuff Ava!
That last picture is perfect.
Hey ... I remember that bootiful tulle.
Do you ship cakes to MA? That cake is perfection!
Happy Birthday Ava! How I wish we could celebrate with you!
Happy birthday Ava!!! She's pretty stinking cute and has such a sweet heart. What a beautiful cake and adorable tutu as well.
We hope her day was fabulous!
Post a Comment