It's Sandy here, with the truth from the Delivery Room. Just thought you all should know how Derek spent his time in the hospital last week. Poor little guy; he was all tuckered out.
You know, we women like to talk about what a challenge childbirth is--how men will never understand the exhaustion, the pain, the agony of carrying and then pushing a little baby out into the world. But maybe we should just take a moment to appreciate how difficult labor & delivery are for the fathers out there. I mean it, Derek was really pooped after I gave birth. He really needed that 9 hours of sleep he got the next night.
Okay, all jokes aside, Derek really is an amazing labor partner and father. He somehow knows exactly what I need (or don't need) during labor, and is there to help me out every step of the way. I can't imagine doing it without him. And he is just about the most perfect dad to our little daughters. He would do anything at all for them, and hopefully it will be a little while before they both figure that out.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Laboring Fathers
Posted by
SandyKay
at
10:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
D-Bob is the best!
I love the beach pics. ...you know, there aren't any beaches in Austin... I'm just sayin'...
Post a Comment