

In Ava's little world, Penelope ("Powl-pee" to Ava) has about 3 purposes, all of which are about the entertainment of Ava.
- Kissing. Ava loves to kiss the baby.
- Being eaten. When Penelope is hungry, Ava loves to get latched onto. She offers her hand, arm, cheek, or nose to the starving baby, who greedily lunges for whatever nice, fleshy part of Ava's body presents itself. Ava thinks this is hilarious. I think I first witnessed this baby-latching-onto-anything phenomenon about 12 years ago when my brother Eric had his first baby, Hannah. He'd give her his nose when she was hungry. I thought it was kind of mean, but I guess it's my brand of humor these days.
- Staring. Ava likes to lie next to Penelope and stare and giggle at her.
6 comments:
I love that first picture. I love their difference in complexions and their similarity in noses. It is so cute.
Ah so cute-I am so happy for you guys
Her nose is starting to look like it's filling out the way it should. We are so going to miss you all after you move! Perhaps we'll have to plan an ambush visit!
I'm so sad I won't get to hold this little angel! It looks like Ava's taken to big-sisterhood like a pro!
you and your girls, so beautiful! we like to play the game of how close you can get to jett's face before his mouth opens. i'm sure penelope would be a pro at it too. love you-
You're baby is so cute! I love how attached Ava is to her. These pictures are great. I really like the picture on the right hand side of your blog...are those puppets? How did you do that?? Robb and I have a blog...its not as cute or exciting as yours but...maybe someday. Good luck with the move too. rbandmb.blogspot.com
Post a Comment