Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tiny Things

Don't you just love little tiny things? Every since I was a young girl, I have been attracted to miniature versions of anything. I vividly remember racing to the dollhouse section at Hobby Lobby to look at all of the tiny furniture. And when I was an adult, Target starting displaying those itty bitty reproductions of camp tents, and I was so enchanted by them that I felt like a kid again. Mini food items are hit and miss. For example, tiny "snack" bananas were a big disappointment for me, in the flavor/texture department.

But here are two of my favorite tiny edibles of late (Thank you, my dear Costco.):

Little itty bitty, super sweet grapes (we call them "baby grapes" around here)-

And delicious miniature cukes ("baby cucumbers")-

What is your favorite miniature food?

5 comments:

Farrah said...

Those mini grapes were awesome! I keep looking for them every time I go to Costco, but they're never there when I am. I also love tiny bottles of ketchup and mustard. I think they're so cute!

Cheryl said...

I love those little corn cobs they serve as appetizers that are so soft, you eat the whole thing.

Jenny May McKim said...

Baby cucumbers are also a fav of mine.

Jeni said...

How cute! I need to check out our Costco for those grapes.

I also love the baby corn on the cobs. Remember on Big when Tom Hanks eats the cob like it is a real corn on the cob from side to side? Too funny.

Jane Kay said...

Do cute little bundles of dark chocolate with toasted almonds nestled in their own individual brown wrapper count? That just happen to come in a See's candy box.