Sunday, August 30, 2009

When Dad Gets the Girls Ready for Church

So Derek dressed PJ this morning in her new dress, which still had the tags attached. She looked darling. Good job, Dad.

During church, PJ had a stinky diaper, and Derek took care of it. Then early this evening, I was playing with PJ, and I lifted up her dress in order to blow on her tummy. Look what I found:

[PJ ponders the preposterous situation..]

The bloomers to the dress were still attached to the inside of the dress, hanging loosely in front of her diaper. Not complaining, just amused.

6 comments:

bug girl said...

That was really, really funny.

Cheryl said...

So funny. I guess he figures that if it's hung up in the closet, it's ready to go. But don't despair, most men don't notice much of what's going on around them.

Farrah said...

Hey, at least PJ was dressed and not just in a diaper. I consider that sweet success. Way to go Derek!

Jeni said...

I LOVE this! How funny! Jason would probably do the same thing. When I was in the hospital having a baby I asked him to bring me a pair of underwear (non-garment grandma type) and he brought me my black sports bra.

At least he got the dress on right and not backwards. :)

Adah said...

That is so cute. But who can say no to help getting out of the house on time for church!! I wish I could have still been in Boston to vacation with you too. We get back there pretty often to see my family but I don't get into the city that much...or around to see old friends either. So what is this that I hear...are you buying a house in Austin??

Jane Kay said...

Please thank Derek for starting my day off with a great laugh. Loved the slightly perplexed, but not too concerned - look on Penelope's face.