Check out the necklace I made (see tutorial here).
The fabric for the bead casing and the flowers all comes from 3 old t-shirts of mine. Striped or patterned shirts would make really cute flowers, but I didn't have anything in the right colors that was ready for the shredder (i.e., my scissors).
I love it. Phew. I had some doubts along the way, but I think it turned out awfully styley.
I'm itching to make some more, so be honest with your comments, or you may end up with a necklace that you find terribly tacky. Heehee.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Old T-Shirts into Smashing Necklace!
Posted by
SandyKay
at
11:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE it..
Super super cute..
Great.. something else I won't find the time to make :)
What a great idea! The necklace looks good. How crafty of you. I've been thinking about projects like that...maybe I will start next year after the holidays...you've inspired me Sandy.
I love it too! I hope you can teach me how to make one. Definitely two crafty thumbs up from me!
LOVE. IT. First of all, you should open up your own Etsy shop. Second of all, can I buy one from you? This is something that I would DEFINITELY wear.
I love it and I want one!!!
Super stylin. It looks totally professional.
I am STILL Thinking about your amazing necklace.
Super Duper Cute!!! I want to make one!! Oh, and can I get your apartment number (you can email me janking3(at)gmail(dot)com. I want to send you a card but couldn't remember it. Thanks! Hope you guys are well!
Post a Comment