Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This Blog's Longest Photo Caption





So tell me I'm not the only one who realizes on Sunday morning that we're actually going to be a teeny bit early to church, and so that means that if we hurry, we can snap a few pictures of the kids in their cute dresses before we leave and still slide into a pew in time for church to begin 3 minutes late. And then only half of the children (one, in our case) decides to be cooperative and hold her body still-ish for a picture or two. And then after a few kind requests, even kinder pleads, and finally some mild threats, the errant child eventually agrees to be in a picture, at which point the other parent has already packed away the camera. And at which point the parent who has won her shady deal, and who is not about to let her victory go unrealized, insists on getting out the camera--quickly--and trying once more to photograph both children in the same frame. And then the parents are shocked to find two cooperative children posing adorably for the camera, and they snap away as they muster another moment of feigned ignorance of the clock, which now indicates that church will most likely begin before their arrival, despite a sincere (or mostly sincere) attempt to be on time.

It would have been more just if the pictures had turned out very badly, but instead they make me melt.

8 comments:

Cherisa said...

Very cute! The girls are getting so big! And I can't believe PJ is willing to wear a little kerchief in her hair! Thanks for the post!

Cheryl said...

Such cute smiles and dresses! PJ, where are your shoes?

The Boone Family said...

your girls are adorable!!!

Katie said...

I LOVE the pictures. I think you're totally justified.

Bess said...

They are so stinking adorable. I think PJ looks like Lucy.

Missletoe said...

I'm melting too! I LOVE Pj's hair cut. Good call on the pics. Church will always be there (if this really is the last dispensation), but those girls are growing like weeds (or like the most gorgeous flowers they are!).

Oh ya, I LOVE that little yellow dress. I sadly packed Abz's away last fall. sniff.

Jeni said...

Seriously-- SOO Cute!!! Love the dresses and beautiful smiles!

Adah said...

They are so cute! I am impressed that you were going to be on time...we can never get there on time even when we are trying!