Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dinner Napper

I could do a whole series of posts related to our family's strange abilities to sleep in unusual places and positions. Okay, it would pretty much be about Derek. But Ava has apparently inherited some of her dad's unique talents in the area of sleeping.

Sunday afternoon. Ava zonked out in bed in the early evening. After 2 hours, we tried unsuccessfully to waken her and eventually just carried her to the table for dinner. She promptly dropped her head onto her arms on the table and slept for the next 45 minutes. We all ate dinner, talked loudly, cleared the table around her, noisily cleaned up the dishes and the kitchen, and Ava snoozed away, without so much as a peek at what she was missing. For some reason we were kind of suckers after seeing how tuckered out she was, so we let her eat 5 rolls with jam for dinner.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I LOVE this! Yes, Ava takes after her dad and some other Georges I know! So sweet!