I really like celebrating birthdays. We have had a good run of them this year, as usual, stretching from April through September. So we are going to start with Miss Ava. She turned SEVEN this spring, which just blows my mind. I still look at her and think of how she changed my whole life so completely seven years ago, and how happy I am that she did. I have loved her to pieces every day since then, and I love the spunky, resourceful, passionate girl who she has become.
Ava decided this year that she wanted a fancy-schmancy tea party birthday party. This decision was greatly influenced by looking at a blog post of her cousin Hannah's birthday party with a similar theme (http://www.fivelookingsharp.blogspot.com/2011/01/nostalgia.html) that was expertly executed by her master party-planner Aunt Ira. Here are a few of the details.
 |
| A delicious springtime spread |
 |
| A spot of tea/tea-ish beverage |
 |
| A toast! As my girls always say when they offer a toast over a meal: "To the good life!" |
 |
| The hostess, poised and relaxed, taking a moment to reflect on the beauty of the day |
 |
| Genteel conversation. |
 |
| A ladylike sip |
 |
| Even Baby Rose, ever the well-bred little lady, got in on the fun. |
 |
| The dress-up station where the girls could strut their stuff | | |
This was a fun party to put on. A bit of work, mind you. But Ava is worth it. She just told me today that she wants a rodeo party for next year, so the wheels are turnin'. Maybe a bull for the backyard?
1 comment:
So cute! I remember going to a tea party birthday when I was a kid and it was the most magical thing ever. Happy 7th birthday to Ava. I can't believe she's that old either.
Post a Comment