Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Welcome to Texas, Indeed!

There was a most unwelcome welcoming committee that came to greet us last week. One of those kind ambassadors of the Texas Underworld left me a little housewarming gift to remember him by.

FIRE ANTS! IN OUR APARTMENT! At least, that's what we suspect they were. If you've never heard of fire ants, suffice it to say that they are evil little creatures, and you should stay far away from them. Except when you come to visit us in Texas! (Don't worry, they're out of our apartment now..)

By the way, this first in my series, "Things I do not like about Texas," a companion to the series, "Things I like about Texas." Creative titles, I know.

5 comments:

Missletoe said...

YIKES! That is terrible. I am glad it munched on you instead of one of the kiddies!

Missletoe said...

Wait a minute... are you using this bug bite as a chance to show off your sexy thigh?

SandyKay said...

Sexy? No, that wasn't my intention.. You're supposed to say, "Start using that gym, woman!"

And one of the ants DID get PJ, but her reaction was much less severe than mine--just two little pustules on her arm. Sorry to use the word pustules. Ew.

Cherisa said...

Ow, ow, ow!!! My sister got attacked (and I'm using the word "attacked" very literally) by fire ants on our first expedition to Texas when we were little. I still remember how awful it was for her! You poor thing!!!

Andy said...

While I do sympathize with your unfortunate circumstances. I have very little sympathy with someone who has nice enough thighs to post them on the worldwide web.