While Ava has had an interest in amateur photography for many moons, I have finally agreed to relinquish control of the camera for short segments of time, so that she can develop this new talent of hers. Well, "talent" is yet to be determined, but she is rather passionate about the hobby.
At approximately the same time that Ava began photographing on her own, our camera went on the blitz (Coincidence? I think it was, actually), unpredictably producing strange hues, horizontal lines, and/or a fuchsia strip along one side of the picture. While we are currently researching and budgeting for a new camera, you might enjoy some of the unwittingly edgy/antiquated/artsy photographs that we are producing. Take this shot of a San Antonio mission, for instance:
And the lighting in this one takes me right back to the 70's. Umm, not that I remember the 70's..
And then THIS picture makes it look like I leave my children in front of the TV in order to entertain them! I mean, really, something has got to be done about this camera.
But I digress. Here is a sampling of Ava's work. All the metering, composing, filtering, etc. is her own, naturally. I would never squelch her natural gifts.









Sunday, August 24, 2008
Budding Photographer
Posted by
SandyKay
at
6:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think that with a little more practice and experience Ava will be an amazing photographer. I hope you give her the camera that is on the blitz.
I like her still life shots of the cookie and whatever is in the IKEA bag. I see that she's thinking outside the box--truly a creative mind!
The one Ava caught of PJ pulling the crazy face is photo genius. She has a real career down at the Picture People!
Let me know what camera you guys get next so I can spare myself the research. Thanks!
I adore the My Litte Pony picture. I can't count the number of pictures we took of little plastic horses when we were kids. My dad gave us an old poin-and-shoot with black and white film and let us go crazy. He then taught us how to develop the film in our basement bathroom (completely dark). Of course, Ava doesn't have a chance for learning that type of old "technology" but perhaps she still has a future as a photographer...
Good job Ava. We have a better working camera that we can give her to develop that photographic talent.
I love the picture of the heart cookie!! I am sure that would pull in a couple of thousand at the Mass Art Auction!! You should really nourish this new found talent!! I just saw Missy and found out you are going to see her too....I wish I could be there too!!!
Post a Comment