

...because the Georges woke up at 5:30 for a completely voluntary activity. Last weekend we drove out to Lake Travis to see a fleet of hot air balloons take flight at sunrise. There were about 15 of them, though at first we only saw two balloons, and wondered if this would be worth the effort of dragging our semi-nocturnal family out of bed that morning. But then they began sprouting up around us out of nowhere. In fact, I was getting a closer look at a balloon that was being filled with first, air, and next, flames from the liquified propane (see pic below). And when I turned back around to the spot where Derek, Ava, and PJ were sitting, I found them surrounded by balloons in different stages of inflation. They were almost uncomfortably close, as if they might just roll right over us as we lounged innocently upon our blanket. But I guess they don't move too erratically while they're still grounded. We were all safe.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Hell Froze Over
Posted by
SandyKay
at
5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Looks like fun. I can't believe you actually got Derek up at that time of day. The balloons are so pretty and colorful.
Wow! There aren't a lot of things I would get up that early for but hot air balloons (followed by donuts for breakfast, of course) might be worth it!
Actually Cheryl, it was Derek's idea! I know, I was floored.
That looks like so much fun! we are headed to the east cost for our yearly visit. I only wish I could be seeing you there but that is life!!
Those are really cool pictures, you'll always be happy you woke up early that one time...
This looks fabulous! I've always wanted to do something like this. How cool. Your kids look so cute, and PJ is getting so big! I forget that I haven't met her yet, just seen pics.
So is it just a George thing that none of us can wake up in the morning? What is wrong with my family?? I wouldn't even wake up to a marching band, that's how bad I am.
How fun! Definitely worth an early morning. The balloons are so pretty! We miss you guys already and hope you had a fun anniversary. I want to hear about it!!
You guys are always doing something fun! I have never been in a hot air balloon or even been that close to one before. So Awesome. Waking up would be hard though...well worth it.
Post a Comment