Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Best News Ever!


Eight months ago, my sister-in-law Cheri was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was 28 weeks pregnant at the time. She went through chemotherapy while pregnant, then resumed it after a little break to give birth to a healthy, perfect baby boy (my newest nephew, Tolan). Since Tolan's birth, she has undergone more chemotherapy, a lumpectomy, and is currently getting radiation treatments. However, a few weeks ago, her doctor found no trace of cancer and declared her cancer-free!

I just wanted to share this incredibly wonderful news about a person whom I love and admire so very much. Cheri has been optimistic, strong, and gracious throughout the ordeal, and I think she's just the greatest.

She also has managed not to let fame go to her head, though in the past few months, she has become a runway-strutter, magazine cover model, and a blonde.

YEA for Cheri!

5 comments:

Farrah said...

That is totally awesome! Congrats to her! And what an amazing example of strength to have in your life.

Cherisa said...

It's amazing how potential tradegies can become such amazing, life-sustaining, faith-promoting experiences. What an amazing person she is!

Missletoe said...

Yeah Cheri! That is the best news EVER!

Bess said...

I am so happy to hear that. What a strong lady.

Cheri said...

Thanks Sandy Kay -- the feeling's mutual!!