Monday, February 23, 2009

Zoorific

We checked out the San Antonio Zoo a few weeks back. Very nice zoo. Fun was had by all.



Ava has developed an interest in sloths, thanks to Eric Carle's "Slowly, Slowly, Slowly Said the Sloth (which I highly recommend). So here we are hanging out on a hanging sloth.

And PJ just has a fascination with anything that is a member of the animal kingdom.

The pink flamingos and scarlet ibises were particularly plentiful and beautiful.


And there were some snazzy little girls there that day, too.


If you live in the area, the zoo is especially great for small kids. Lots of play areas for little busy people--both indoors and out.

Apparently if I wait long enough before reporting on an outing, the report becomes brief and bland. There ya have it.

3 comments:

Missletoe said...

Was your trip so long ago that it wasn't winter? Where are your coats?! Your mittens?! What is up with Texas? Is it really heaven?

Jeni said...

Fun day! I've heard great things about the San Antonio zoo from our friends living there.

Remind me again why I haven't gone and visited you guys?? Oh, that's right. I have a stupid job. No worries, I will quit soon enough and visit you along with our new boy. That's if you'll have me...

liz j said...

What fabulous photos! Looks like a great time.