Friday, January 15, 2010

The Utah Time Top Ten

Top 10 of Being in Utah

1. Time with Family. The grandparents..who were wonderful enough to feed us, shelter us, and watch our kiddos so that we could go to the movies. Twice!

2. The aunts/uncles and cousins..I especially loved the ladies' day of lunching and shopping. And the game night. And just hanging out. We miss all of you.


3. Time with friends--old college friends and old Boston-moved-to-Utah friends (Sorry, Bess and Micah, but somehow we managed to not take any pics again. I guess we were too busy stuffing our faces with Bombay House. That should have made the top 10 list, but I didn't take a photo.)

4. Partaking of a beautiful Christmas tradition: Seeing the lights at Temple Square, riding the light rail, followed by #5 on the Top Ten list...


5. Crown Burger for dinner. Mmmmmm.. FRY SAUCE. All you can eat fry sauce.

6. Christmas, of course! The spiritual (Nativity reenactment, featuring a bespectacled donkey and Mary with pacifier; a striped-blanketed Joseph; a real live baby for Jesus; and Ava as sheep/ram/cat)...

7. And the secular (presents!)

8. SNOW SNOW SNOW! Eating snow, running in snow, futilely attempting to make men out of snow, snow-angeling, eating more snow, drawing in snow, stomping on snow. It was all new and wonderful to our girls.


9. Refreshing our cold climate skills (look at that handy ice scraper from a dollar store in New Brunswick!)

10. Gratitude for all the family and friends we were able to spend time with, and the thoughtfulness and love of those who were far from us. No picture of that, just a happy thought.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I love this post. How cute, and such fun pictures!! We loved seeing you guys and introducing new cousins to each other.

And I'm serious about a visit!

Oh-- and I must say that unlimited fry sauce from Crown Burger was one of the things that I loved about Utah. (when we lived in California)