And we had grass that was green.
See the green grass? (What's the big deal? Ava asks. It's just grass.)
Then it got really hot (100 degrees and up for 80-something days, as opposed to the average of 12.3 days of 100+ degrees per year). And it stopped raining.
Check this out:
I am extremely grateful that we haven't been impacted by the wildfires, that we are not ranchers or farmers who have lost our cows or crops, that we still have water flowing through our taps when we need it, and that we have air conditioning. However, I do miss our grass.


4 comments:
Did it really look that green? Is that even possible? I believe my recollection of green grass has faded away completely. It looks unreal to me. Ahh, those were the days!
Wow, that is kind of amazing. Hopefully your grass will turn green again soon enough. And also that you can go outside without getting heat stroke.
Whoa, that is some dry grass but it looks like the girls are having fun in spite of it.
So I'm clearly behind in my blog stalking, but I hear Boston gets plenty of rain.. I mean, I just feel that people who love green grass should really be moving to Boston..
Post a Comment