
Since my last few posts have been agonizingly long, I'll keep this one as brief as possible. Last week, our family voyaged to Sea World San Antonio. I was giddy--you can ask Derek: I was hopping up and down in the parking lot; and Ava had been studying the park map for days, planning out our visit. Here are my conclusions, having visited the park:
1. Sea creatures are very cool, especially the big ones.
2. Sea World is totally cheesy. The shows have these scripts that out-schmaltz the best of Hallmark. I couldn't make that stuff up if I tried, and I've been known to be pretty schmaltzy when I want to be...
3. The gift shops are full of glittery, ceramic dolphins. That's all I'll say about that.
4. Sea World puts its money into the shows and the rides. The other marine displays (sharks, coral reef, etc.) are less impressive than I'd have thought. I mean, it's Sea WORLD, not Sea Town.
5. You can still have fun on a roller coaster if you're sitting next to a total stranger. Nothing like a dose of adrenaline to make you lose your inhibitions regarding screaming and drooling on other people (drooling as a result of screaming at extreme speeds).
6. The real experience of an amusement park is different to a toddler than looking at a park map with cartoon pictures. Ava looked rather pensive for most of the day, though she claimed to be enjoying it. Her favorite part, I think, was the "Foam Walk" where we all rolled around and played on a soft surface. Could've done that at Chuck E Cheese, I'm guessing...
7. Amusement parks are exhausting. It took us 3 days to fully recover from our 9 hours at the park.
8. While Lik-M-Aids, wax root beer candy, and those 10-cent fruit drinks in the plastic barrels have all lost their appeal on my adult self, FUNNEL CAKES are as delicious as ever!
8. All in all, a great time was had by all.

Saturday, April 19, 2008
Much Ado About Shamu
Posted by
SandyKay
at
11:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, I love the last two pictures. You guys are such a perfectly cute little family.
I LOVE FUNNEL CAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wahoo! How fun to be connected again!
Loved the photos and description of your day. I'm drooling over the funnel cake. I've seriously got to learn how to make those.
Love you heaps.
ummm funnel cakes... out here they serve them piled high with whip cream and chopped fruit. i still prefer them with just powdered sugar and grease.
How fun! I went to the San Antonio Sea World the previous time I visited Texas. I've got to say I'm just as giddy in the parking lot. And completely agree with you about the cheesey productions but they're still fun. I have great memories of Seymour and the haunted castle show from when I was a kid and it's still fun.
Glad everyone enjoyed and that you're taking in the various excitements the great state of Texas has to offer!
That said, when are you coming to visit New England? You know you miss the wacky weather, the weird speech and the fun drivers. :p
What a cute family. I love PJ's enthusiasm for pizza.
Post a Comment