Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Do's


Ava and I recently enjoyed our first mommy-daughter trip to the hair salon. Actually, she was just along for the ride, and my frien
d Farrah and I were getting our locks chopped. Farrah, brave soul that she is, cut off about 2 feet of her hair, and she is looking fabulous. I rid myself of about 6 inches, depending on the part of the head you're measuring from. I didn't intend for Ava to get a cut, but she seemed fascinated--in a nervous sort of way--by the process of my hair being cut, so I suggested that she get a new 'do, too, and she surprisingly agreed...but not before changing her mind, and then being "persuaded" by the promise of lollipops, strategically placed on a table by the salon chairs, as well as the assurance that she could sit on my lap throughout the procedure.

She sat absolutely still for the entire thing with a look of worry/concentration/suspicious upon her face. Any of you who know Ava can visualize this expression easily, I imagine.

I thought that she was having a miserable time, except that towards the end of the cut, Farrah asked her, "Ava, do you like getting your hair cut." To which she replied quite cheerily, "Yes!"

TA-DA!

Between the three of us, we gave up about 3 feet of hair!

11 comments:

Farrah said...

So glad Josh got you the pictures! That was sure a fun day! :)

Cheryl said...

Both of your haircuts are so cute!

Missletoe said...

Everyone looks smashing! Ava is very brave and very deserving of a lolipop1

Kendra said...

Farrah! Your hair is adorable! Everyone looks beautiful, I'm just shocked to see Farrah with short(er) hair. I don't know if I'll ever be able to cut Nora's hair.

Cherisa said...

Totally hip and adorable (choose the adjective you like for yourself and give the other to Ava). What a big girl she's becoming! And I'd probably sit still while someone did my hair for nothing more than a lollipop, too! :)

Katie said...

You guys are so cute. I miss Ava.

Jeni said...

LOVE the do's! Ava is the cutest little munchkin ever!

Amber said...

The new cut looks great!

kelly said...

your hair looks great sandy! very sexy and stylish. and ava looks adorable- i bet it feels great with that texas sun on ya.

Rachel said...

nice new do!

Jeni said...

Love the new hair cuts. What a fun day!